I enjoyed a fun little get-together on Saturday with the PSN crew at the beautiful Cooper house. I’m so excited that it’s the season of BBQs. I anticipate a lot of grilling, cold beer, bug spray, and exciting conversation for this summer. Take a look below as I got all paparazzi during the BBQ. We also got to celebrate a little girl’s 2nd birthday there, so yay Alexis!
Entries Tagged as 'Real Talk'
So I made a new friend here in Philadelphia, and he likes to go by @EricSmithRocks! Social Media Manager for a small publishing company in Old City called Quirk Books and co-founder of the oh-so-awesome Geekadelphia, Eric is a fellow creative and Philly go-getter! We met for the first time to have a casual happy hour at King’s Oak (their sweet potato fries are to die for!!), followed by some browsing at vintage store Jinx, and ending with a mini-photoshoot in the Piazza. Overall, it’s been great connecting with Eric and I hope to learn A LOT from his Jedi ways.
I got together with a few bloggers for a little breakfast yesterday morning at Sabrina’s Cafe in Fairmount. We had a lovely discussion, ate some bomb food and got to do a little photoshoot per my suggestion, of course. I can’t miss an opportunity for some new photos! Take a look below at Brittiny, Elisa, Zoha and Mecca doing their thang.
I got a new dress (one of many as I try to reassess my whole wardrobe, so THANK YOU FASHION BLOGS!), and I thought I’d show it off to all you lovely readers. These were taken by the bee-eff today in South Philly as I met with a client. We ended up going to a comedy club right after for their open mic night, and let’s just say my bucket list wish of doing stand up may come faster than I thought. I think I want to start practicing some scripted comedy in front of friends this year, and eventually do an amateur night at a comedy club like tonight. Wish me luck folks!
I just came back from a weekend in DC to celebrate my bestie’s quarter-life/golden birthday celebration. Had a great time as usual as we ate Thai food and kabobs, awkwardly stood at a bar, went G.I. Jane looking for Michelle’s phone only to find out it was in our car the whole time, and so much more. I can’t wait to take more trips down to DC to see Michelle this year. Here are some photos from our fab weekend (Michelle and Courtney loved being my models for the below photoshoot heehee).
Hey folks, here are some awesome blog posts/articles from last week! Read on.
- My friend Lisa found a new store on East Passyunk Ave called Occasionette. Can’t wait to check it out!
- Do you know the power of the flower? Jacqui does! I love the serious diva picture at the end with her doggie haha.
- Check out my latest client Bridget’s latest post on the LWD. As long as it’s not too see-through, I love a beautiful white dress! (P.S. what do you think of her site heehee).
- So this outfit is seriously cute and something I would definitely wear from Jaclyn of Sharing My Sole!
- Ces posts about Blogging Friends and has one of my fave Instagram photos of us (okay, of our feet haha).
- And one of my favorite new blogs on South Asian culture is The Aerogram. Check out this opinion piece on the recent garment factory tragedy in Bangladesh.
What are some other great posts from last week?
The title of this post pretty much sums it up. My parents are pretty hilarious. They’re both supportive and loving in their own way, and they’ve worked extremely hard their whole lives to provide for my brothers and I in this foreign country. Heck, my mom grew up in a tin hut in a small village in Bangladesh. Look at her now! Looking all fierce in her sari and all.
AND my dad just received news that he’s been chosen as a Fulbright Scholar! This is one of the most prestigious awards given to scholars to teach abroad for a few months. I’m so proud of him as he is THE SMARTEST man I know! Only problem is that both of my parents will be leaving for Bangladesh (my dad to teach of course, and my mom to be with him and chill with her family) for a few months. Sad face. Guess I got the North American continent to myself now starting this summer. House party?
Shoutout to Emily of HerPhilly.com for nominating me for this viral blog award! It’s a fun little award going around to learn more about fellow bloggers, and I’m here to join in too! Read about me below…if you dare!!!
1. I’m starting a new job tomorrow! I’ll be a #SocialMediaSpecialist at an awesome ad agency here in Philly!
2. I love Lysol wipes. If I see Lysol wipes anywhere, I’ll automatically start cleaning something.
3. I have two older brothers, a sister-in-law and adorable baby niece that live in Chicago. You can find me in the Windy City twice a year visiting them!
4. I have a tattoo on my left shoulder blade that my mom would kill me over if she found out! It’s the word “love” in Sanskrit.
5. I love being a tech geek. I try to teach myself something new in Photoshop, Lightroom or with coding whenever I can!
6. I’m obsessed with Jessica Alba. Ever since I was younger, she’s always been a role model for me! I’ll be buying her latest book, The Honest Life, after I get my next paycheck.
7. I will always say yes to going to a flea market or thrift store. If you ever need a bargain hunter, call me!
8. I’m currently starting a new online magazine/blog for women with a fellow Philly blogger and friend of mine. Check her out over at Java Aficionado. We can’t wait to launch the site this month!
9. I tend to communicate in pop culture references about 50% of the time. Thanks to Chaucee for pointing that out last night haha.
10. I want to buy everything from the LC Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl’s. I love her clothes and drool over her collection every season.
11. I’m currently trying to be smarter with my finances. I’m currently reading “Women & Money” by the great Suze Orman to kickstart some learning! (P.S. I bought this book from Aids Thrift in South Philly for $2. Hello deal!)
1. What is your favorite video on YouTube? Currently, it would be anything by Maria Forleo. Her videos are so empowering for women!
2. Do you like the Philly sports teams? Philly Union because I love soccer!
3. What is your favorite area to shop in the city? Being a freelancer, my favorite areas to shop would be thrift stores because you can find some random a$$ things! But in general, I can never go wrong with Rittenhouse (H&M, Urban, Buffalo Exchange!).
4. #1 tips for new bloggers? Simplicity is key. More people are likely to be attracted to your site if it provides great content and in a minimalist way, rather than great content that’s cluttered all over the place.
5. Recommend your favorite book. The last great book I read was Gone Girl by Julie Flynn. I couldn’t put the book down at all! My goal is to start reading more books and articles starting TODAY!
6. What is your dream vacation? Something that involves being really lazy, a lot of food, and some sunshine and beach. Let’s say FIJI!
7. Give us your favorite hidden Philly gem? Hhhmm too many to count! Smak Parlour is pretty awesome and full of pretty and girly gems. Now that I’ll be working in Old City, I feel bad for my wallet…but not really.
8. Are you more or a beach or pool girl? Beach! I love playing random games and chilling with friends in the ocean and laying on some hot sand.
9. Is there a beauty item you can’t live without? Tinted moisturizer is my favorite! I’m currently using a Revlon BB Cream, and I love it!
10. What is your favorite Philly restaurant? Circles Thai for sentimental reasons (met my boyfriend there). Plus…they have the BEST Thai food in the city! #nom
11. How has blogging changed your life? I’ve gotten to express my creativity in more than one way, made a ton of new friends, and I’ve been able to improve my design and editorial skills thanks to blogging.
1. Jacqui of Burgundy Whispers
2. Mecca of StyledOutLoud
3. Dalia of OHMYDALIA
4. Michelle of ChellieKelley
5. Emma of Philly Love Notes
1. Favorite Reality TV Show & Why?
2. What’s Your Favorite Brunch Spot?
3. Who’s Your Celebrity Crush?
4. What’s Your Dream Job?
5. What’s The Best Investment For Your Blog?
6. What Are Three Things You Always Carry In Your Purse?
7. Who’s Your Celebrity Doppelgänger?
8. If You Could Recommend A Book For Me, What Would It Be?
9. Where Do You See Your Blog Going By Next Year?
10. What Do Your Parents Think About You And Your Blog?
11. What’s Your Favorite Website To Waste Time On (Other Than Facebook)?
Thanks for reading folks, and keep on passing the Liebster “liebe“.